Pinfold Primary School is very much a community school, taking part in as many community events as possible, even instigating some.
We use the village resources for sporting events, school fayres, Christmas plays, also the Millennium wood and local churches. We also have strong links with the following Universities: John Moores, Edge Hill, UCLAN and University of Liverpool to enhance the pupils learning and experiences.
We embrace a connection with the local environment as well as the community, to support this we have a member of staff who is pro active with local events and is our community cohesion Governor.
As part of our artsmark gold award for art, craft & design, dance, drama, music and arts awards, we have also been awarded a artsmark gold special achievement award for excellence in parental and community involvement in art and culture from the Arts Council of England bridge organization Curious Minds.
Some of the School’s community involvement this school year 2018-2019
- A member of staff represents school at Scarisbrick Village Matters magazine where she is chair
- We have joined in with the local Harvest Festival and collecting food for the Southport Food Bank
- We joined in with the FOPP Halloween Disco at the village hall
- We put on a very enjoyable Christmas Fair at the village hall
- Our Christmas play was performed at Scarisbrick village hall
- We opened our doors to all for a Christmas dinner in our school hall. It was very well attended by parents, grandparents and governors. The staff waited on whilst we all sang along to Christmas tunes!
- Daily Mile at Scarisbrick Village hall, supported by West Lancashire Sports Partnership.
- We have held three community Saturdays to help develop our garden; parents, children, staff and friends of Pinfold came!
- We entered the West Lancs Sports Partnership Swimming gala and won two silver awards!!
- We have linked with Meresands Wood in Rufford to use their trees and logs for our garden
- A local company MKM Buildings have helped us move some of the larger trees onto our school playground
- We have been offered a Variety club award to complete our Forest School nature garden!