Ofsted Report – Summary of Key Findings
This is a good school.
View our report here
- The headteacher, governors and all staff have worked to gether to maintain the school’s strengths and to tackle the areas for improvement successfully. The dedicated leadership of theheadteacher has been instrumental in moving theschool forward. This has ensured that pupils’progress is tracked more carefully, and that teaching and achievement continue to improve.
- Governors know the school well. Effective systemshave been put in place to enable them to check the school’s performance, provide effective support and challenge the school.
- Children get off to a good start in the early years. The classroom and outdoor area provide a stimulating environment where they develop a love of learning. Children are keen to come to school and achieve well.
- Pupils make good progress overall throughout their time in the school.
- Teaching is good. Lessons are interesting and successfully motivate pupils.
- Teaching assistants work closely with teachers and make a good contribution to many aspects of pupils’ learning.
- Pupils’ behaviour is exemplary. They show great care and respect for one another, and demonstrate mature and responsible attitudes from the earliestages. As a result, all pupils feel extremely safe.
- The curriculum develops pupils’ literacy and numeracy skills well and very successfully promotes their spiritual, moral, social and cultural awareness. High quality science, music and sporting activities both within and beyond the school environment are among the many experiences the school provides for its pupils. As a result, pupils are well prepared for the next stage in their education and for life in modern Britain.
- The overwhelming majority of parents value the school highly and are very supportive of its work.
Please click on the link for the full report: Ofsted Report 2015
Parent View is an online facility launched by Ofsted in October 2011 that allows parents and carers to give their views about their child’s school at any time of the school year. The questionnaire is also the main mechanism for parents to give their views to inspectors about their child’s school at the time of a school inspection.
The questionnaire can be accessed below.