In school we took part in Safer Internet Day on Tuesday 6th Feb 2018.
Click the links below for Parents/Carers information:
Internet safety at home
The internet can be an exciting use of technology and can support your child’s education but we need to help keep them safe online. Many Internet Providers offer systems to help you keep your child safe at home, but it can still be too easy for children to access inappropriate material including text, pictures and movies. Parents can set the security levels in their chosen internet browser with this in mind. Contact your internet service provider for advise on this. Think about where your child can use the device to go online in the home! Put in a family area and not hidden away in a bedroom as this can help you watch your children when they use the Internet. Don’t stop your child from using the information and games available on the Internet. Instead use simple rules for keeping them safe and make sure they understand them.
Simple rules for keeping your child safe
To keep your child safe they should:
- Ask permission before using the Internet.
- Only use websites you have chosen together or a child friendly search engine.
- Only email people they know.
- Ask permission before opening an email sent by someone they don’t know.
- Not use Internet chat rooms or social networking sites
- REMEMBER to use Facebook you need to be 13 years old or older
- Not use their real names when using games on the Internet.
- Never give out a home address, phone or mobile numbers.
- Never tell anyone where you go to school.
- Never arrange to meet someone they have met on the Internet.
- Only use a webcam with people they know and with your permission.
- Tell you immediately if they see anything they are unhappy with.
Using these rules
Discuss these rules with your child. It is also a good idea to regularly check the Internet sites your child is visiting e.g. by clicking on History and Favourites. Please reassure your child that you want to keep them safe rather than take Internet access away from them.
Staff take part in yearly Online Safety Training.
Children at Pinfold take part in an Online Safety Program
Please click on the link for the Online Safety Policy Pinfold
Below are some useful links for Parents to access on Online Safety: